Tax-effective solution: a gift of stocks
A donation of publicly traded securities is one of the easiest and most effective ways to support the Baycrest Foundation. Baycrest donor Oscar Zimmerman is urging others to think about giving a gift of securities – read his story here.
Contributions of stocks are tax-effective. In fact, all donations of stocks and securities to Baycrest are totally exempt from capital gains tax.
Giving a gift of stocks and securities is simple and can be completed by following these easy steps:
1) Notify us of the number of shares and the name of the stock being donated by contacting Becki Willoughby, Planned Giving Director, at 416-785-2500 ext. 3895 or email@example.com
2) Contact your broker or investment advisor to request the transfer of stock and provide him or her with the following information:
- Baycrest’s broker is Joshua Wise: 416-945-4983
- ScotiaMcLeod FINS: TO85 CUID: SCOT
- Baycrest Foundation account number: 431 83530 10
3) Download and complete the Transfer of Shares Form
4) Your broker will then transfer the stock into our account
5) Once the transfer is complete, we will contact you to confirm the amount of the charitable tax receipt