View Event >
A donation of publicly traded securities is one of the easiest and most effective ways to support the Baycrest Foundation. Baycrest donor Oscar Zimmerman is urging others to think about giving a gift of securities – read his story here.
Contributions of stocks are tax-effective. In fact, all donations of stocks and securities to Baycrest are totally exempt from capital gains tax.
1) Notify us of the number of shares and the name of the stock being donated by contacting Becki Willoughby, Planned Giving Director, at 416-785-2500 ext. 3895 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Contact your broker or investment advisor to request the transfer of stock and provide him or her with the following information:
3) Download and complete the Transfer of Shares Form
4) Your broker will then transfer the stock into our account
5) Once the transfer is complete, we will contact you to confirm the amount of the charitable tax receipt
Do you have a personal story to share about your experience with Baycrest?