Many opportunities to learn, grow and give back
Volunteers are involved in almost every area on the Baycrest campus.
Assignments address the purpose of the organization and mobilize volunteers in truly meaningful ways — reflecting their various skills, expertise and talents.
Some volunteers spend time socializing with clients while they await their appointments, while others provide eating assistance, participate in art, music and recreational activities and even act in simulation projects for training healthcare workers.
This spirit of innovation and participation has made Baycrest a top choice for volunteers. We hope you’ll join our volunteer team.
Minimum time commitment: 6 months.
For summer youth volunteers: 1 month minimum.
Must be at least age 13 to volunteer without a guardian.
Contact the Volunteer Services Department at 416-785-2500 ext. 2572 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps to become a volunteer
- Attend the Baycrest volunteer Orientation. Register online, call or email
- Complete eLearning. Instructions and Log-in ID will be emailed to you upon completion of orientation.
- Fill out the volunteer application form or the application for pet therapy volunteers.
- Obtain a signed reference form. References may not come from a family member.
- Complete the Two Step Test for Tuberculosis. Can be done free of charge at Baycrest. Please call to book an appointment. Signature of Parent/Guardian is required if volunteer is under the age of 16.
- If you are 18 years of age or over, obtain a vulnerable sector screening by a police force in your region of residence. Information and paperwork required will be received at orientation or can be emailed to you upon inquiry.
- Provide proof of a flu shot if you will be volunteering during flu season (December 1 to April 1). Can be done either at Baycrest, walk-in clinic or with your family doctor.
- Provide proof of having a Tetanus shot within the last 10 years.
- Once you have completed these steps, call the Volunteer Services Department to book an interview. Bring all your required paperwork to the interview, or the interview will be rescheduled .